Thursday, October 18, 2007

Teachers Rock!


I rode the bus today. I met a woman who rode an airport shuttle from St. Cloud and then caught a bus from the airport to the Excel Center in downtown St. Paul. We both were going to the Education Minnesota conference. i admire her choice to spend two hours (each way) doing something besides driving alone. For me riding the bus was a way to avoid the $10 event parking fee - and I got drenched.

Quite a few people I know came by the DNR booth. I met Lisa (and later Stanley from Anishinabe Academy). Lisa Bellanger (if I recall correctly) is working at South High. Eric Lindberg is a middle school teacher in north Minneapolis who was a forestry student with me years ago - guess which job he says is tougher. Claire Hypolite, chemistry and biology teacher at Edison High, updated me on changes in her life since our paths last crossed. And I nearly didn't recognize Regan Fox as she passed by.

This South Park representation of me was created at this website. My daughter thinks my fascination with South Park is hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment